Monday, April 25, 2011

A VERY long weekend

We were all gearing up for the long Easter weekend this year being that it was a 5 day holiday.  Planning projects, dinners, drinks. Dusting the floor with Easter bunny footprints and hiding eggs for the 6am treasure hunt.  Then more importantly it was Anzac day, a day to remember all the fallen and the men and women still serving overseas to protect our country and our unbeatable way of life. It’s a sad day but at the same time I feel so proud to live in a country with men and women of such courage.  Lest we forget.
So now it’s all come to an end and I can’t say I’m sad......  You know the saying too much of a good thing can be bad?  Well it’s true!! Don’t get me wrong, I love my boys and hubby but it’s time to go back to work and kindy and give mummy some peace!  We started our Easter break early and headed out with camper in tow before the Easter madness.  I love going on holidays but I’m not one for crowded noisy places.  I much prefer to head away when I can be selfish and have the place we stay to ourselves- if you know what I mean.  So keeping this in mind we have been together for 3 weeks by the time work and school start back for us on Thursday and that’s just too much lovin for me....  I really need to get some work done and things to return to normal.  Nathan is getting so bored and driving me crazy! and to say it nicely....Michael needs to go back to work!!! For his own safety.  Add an overload of chocolate and you have total meltdowns from mr4 who’s attitude can’t be described nicely.  So for me Thursday can’t come soon enough! Anyone else feeling my pain...
Even though I’m glad it’s over, it was good well it lasted.  I thought I might share some of the things we got up to over our VERY long Easter break


Im really like to make old thing new again when I get some spare time.  These old chairs were destined for the dump but I have bought them back to life and they are looking good. Not bad for $13 worth of fabric and a bit of time (2 days with kids, 2 hours without).







I hope you all had a wonderful easter and enjoyed a vino ot two like I did:)

No comments: