Saturday, September 17, 2011

A little frazzled

Well it’s here... not sure where the last ten weeks went but school holidays are upon us once again. I don’t know why I’m worried about two weeks when SIX weeks of parent torture is just around the corner!! Good god, what am I going to do with him then!  I had great intentions of having caught up on my back log of work so I could just chill for the two weeks...never happened.  I have been really busy working on new designs, getting ready for the next release, organising trade shows, drafting patterns and deciding if I have enough time to add a twomonkeys handmade section to my website.  The answer to that is um...no way in the world! But I like the idea. Maybe next year when Nathan starts school.  At the moment, he only does a five day fortnight at kindy so those days are so important to me as they are the only daytime hours I get to work and I’m not a big night person...hence the workload constantly building.  If I was more productive at night and was more focused on work instead of pinterest and looking at my fave sites with style I can’t afford, like Anthropologie, I would be much more efficient! And now thanks to Janelle Wind, I am sitting her looking at Blythe Dolls!!
Anyway, enough said.  You get the picture of my lack of motivation past 8pm...
Now I have started writing this entry, I don’t even really know what it’s about. My head is all over the place at the moment, so many things going on I can’t think straight! I am the master of writing list after list to get organised.....STOP WRITING THE DAM LISTS AND JUST DO THE WORK!
This really is going nowhere.
It’s been over two weeks (yes I really have been so busy) since I last graced you with my poor attempt of creative writing so I thought I better say hi and give you an update and a sneak peek of what’s coming to twomonkeys.
This a quilt I am working on for Nathan.  The original pattern I cut out didn't work once I layed it out on the floor and I had to go back to the drawing board. This is what I came up with without wasting to much fabric I had already cut...

A colour scheme coming up in my next release :)


My little helper.....not so helpful at times :)


I have been super busy working with Pauline from Funky Friends Factory on so many up and coming things. SO excited, I wish I could tell you!


Until next time :)

No comments: